Sunday, January 22, 2012

First Winter Snowfall


We finally received our first snowfall of the season....in the third week of January. By the time it stopped coming down we had about 6 inches on the ground, and everything looked beautiful!






A pair of old Adirondack chairs, which somehow missed getting put away last fall.






My lastest birdhouse, a yard sale find. Dear Husband mounted it for me on a section of lodge-pole pine.....for the natural look.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Isaiah 55:10-11


9 comments:

The Sage Butterfly said...

Beautiful snowfall! We have not had very much snow, yet. I hope that changes before winter is over.

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

beautiful snow.., and here we can only enjoy snow in fluid form, rain and little flood..... always refreshing!

Apron Senorita said...

Oh so beautiful. I'm Yoli from central Texas and we don't see snow here. Enjoy the blessed scenery. -- Yoli :)

Catherine said...

Lovely pics, Connie; we haven't had that much snow yet at one time, I don't think. I keep thinking I sould start some greens to put out!

Lona said...

What a beautiful snowfall you had. I like the snows that cling to everything.I like them more in someone else's pictures. LOL!

em said...

winter wonderland! so pretty! personally, i'm hoping we're done with the snow, but that's unlikely!

love the new birdhouse!

sweetbay said...

Nothing like a fresh snowfall is there, so beautiful!

Melissa said...

Beautiful. We've had very little snow this year. We are actually in drought conditions.

Classic Textiles said...

nice work