Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year! 2012



Wow....it has been over a year since I have posted to this blog! I have taken a break to focus on other things....important things! I have wondered many times, throughout the year, if I would ever post here again, but today just feels like a good day to start anew! :-) I recently spent some time cleaning up my photo folders.....with the realization that I have many photos that are share-worthy. So the plan is to keep it simple, a short post now and then, as I find time.





We have experienced a unusual Winter this year.... mild temps, lots of sunshine, and virtually NO snow! So I pulled up some photos from 2006, to show how beautiful and fresh our part of the country looks.... covered with a soft white blanket!





These photos were taken on a drive in December of 2006 , when my husband and I were scouting for Elk.





Close up of the misty fog.... hovering among the trees.





A local farm. I loved the contrast between the red barn and the white snow!






A line up of of fence-posts marks the curve in the road.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



A good verse for the coming year...

    The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!"
Lamentations 3:22-24 NASB



12 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures!! The verse is a good one, so encouraging! Thank you. :)

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures!! The verse is a good one, so encouraging! Thank you. :)

scottweberpdx said...

Happy New Year to you as well...those snowy photos are wonderful!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful photos and wonderful scripture. One of my favorite encouraging bits to read.

FlowerLady

Melissa said...

It is so good to see you again. I wondered if you were gone for good. But I know how it works, I've left my blog for a year before too.

Beautiful photos. I found out over Christmas break that there once plains elk - I did not know that.

Catherine said...

Welcome back! I love you dearly and have missed your photos and accompanying words. This post was certainly Divine!

joey said...

Stunning images, Connie. Fun to see you back posting. Happy New Year fun sharing friend!

Osias said...

love this blog. Thanks for sharing this.

O.I.M said...

happy new year! we have also had an exceptionally unusual winter....very mild, lots of rain and only one significant snowfall that is today being washed away by even more rain. I have some species tulip foliage already about one inch out of the ground!

btw..your garden is still popping up in my garden. I had lots of calendula in bloom until the end of November at least.

All the best.

irena

Victoria Williams said...

Hey Connie, nice to see you back! Lovely pictures!

Unknown said...

Those are fantastic pictures! Wow!

Andrew Sharp
Borrowed Faith

sweetbay said...

Such magnificent countryside! Those shots with the mountains, the snow and the mist are gorgeous.