Monday, January 30, 2012

Old Homestead

After passing by this old homestead on the drive to Spokane several times, on one trip I finally convinced dear husband to stop, so I could get a photo of the old building and the windmill.




This photo evokes a lot of nostalgia in me. The windmill reminds me of my childhood home on the farm where I grew up, on the North Dakota prairie.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places; thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in. "

Isaiah 58:12


6 comments:

Jan said...

My hubby loves old barns and neglected buildings like this one, and often stops to take pics, but my thoughts turn to people who tried to farm and had their hopes dashed and walked away from it.
Blessings, Jan

Carrie said...

Love seeing that you're blogging again =) Love seeing all your lovely photos too! I like this one muchly =)

Benjamin Vogt said...

And your post reminded my of my Oklahoma homestead post and pics. Sigh. http://deepmiddle.blogspot.com/2011/06/oklahoma-part-3-corn-custer-cheyenne.html

Catherine said...

I love old farmplaces too, Connie! There are several that I pass on my treks west to visit family that I wish I'd begun an album of to watch them lean, lean further, and finally fall. It is amazing how fast some of them go 'over'...but then, they've been standing a long time. Your picture is lovely!

Melissa said...

Beautiful...when you grow up on the prairie (western Kansas for me)...it gets in your blood.

Lona said...

What a wonderful shot. I love seeing the old homesteads and buildings. You just imagine what stories they could tell of good days and sad.